*►" St. KiLDA v -.Tlie ordinary held last eYeniGg was attended by the Mayor, Cr * bore, Skipworth, Higginson, Caddie, aud Mitchell.—Mr T. Basaett was granted a license to remove nightsoil as required by the by-laws of the borough.—The Charitable Aid Board forwarded a return of persona residing in the borough who were receiving outdoor relief. —The Inspector reported that two of the worst gaps m the sandhills had been attended to at a cost of L3O 10s 9d. No step had yet been taken by the Govern-. ment to slop the removal of sand around the defence works. He suggested tha* the owner of the property along the baok of the footpath, where the Musselburgh Hotel once stood, be at once compelled to make the same safe for the travelling public—lt waß resolved that the clerk be instructed to summon for rates in arrear, after fourteen daya* notice had been given, and that owners, of unfenced sections on the Anderson road bo written to and requested to fine© such sections at once.
Permanent link to this item
MUNICIPAL., Evening Star, Issue 7997, 28 August 1889