The main building with the exception of the ornamenting work has been completed, the various offices at present in use being finished, while in each has been placed a patent gas-heater. The gardens, which are now closed to visitors, are being studded with trees, shrubs, etc., while the cascade, band rotunda, etc., will soon be commenced. When tho building is completed it is expected that the southern portion will be completely roofed in, the additional annexes running quite close to the art gallery and concert hall. The agricultural exhibits—ploughs, harrows, and the like—will be placed in the small open space near the Court of All Nations.
Permanent link to this item
EXHIBITION NOTES., Evening Star, Issue 8011, 13 September 1889
EXHIBITION NOTES. Evening Star, Issue 8011, 13 September 1889
Using This Item
Allied Press Ltd is the copyright owner for the Evening Star. You can reproduce in-copyright material from this newspaper for non-commercial use under a Creative Commons New Zealand BY-NC-SA licence. This newspaper is not available for commercial use without the consent of Allied Press Ltd. For advice on reproduction of out-of-copyright material from this newspaper, please refer to the Copyright guide.