Mit. Vawdrkv R. Baldwin*, solicitor, of Palmerston North, son of Captain Baldwin, was married at St. Paul's Pro-Cathe-dral, Wellington, on September 24, by the Rev. T. H. Sprott to Miss Catherine-Maud Friend, daughter of the late Mr. George Friend, who was many years Clerk of the House of Representatives. The bride was given away by Sir Maurice O'Rorke, Speaker of the House of Representatives. The bridesmaids were two little girls Miss Ceeile Baldwin (niece of the bridegroom) arid Miss Agnes Duncan (daughter of Mr. Lan Duncan). Mr. Harold Cooper was best lam. The bride's mother. Mrs. Friend, held a reception at- the Royal, Oak Hotel, where a large number of friends attended. A quiet wedding took place at St. t-i/'v's Church. Remuera, on Saturday morning, when Miss Maud Ware, eldest daughter of Mr. Win. Ware, of St ad aeon a, Remuera, was married to Mr. Miles' Coverdale Feather?tone, younger son of Mr. S. Eversfield Featherstone, of Invercurgill. The Rev. Win. Beatty, M.A., officiated, and the bride was given away by her lather. The bride was gowned in a blight blue cloth travelling dress, with a handsome lace collar and lace and velvet-trimmed fawn straw hat. Miss Dorothy Ware acted as bridesmaid, and she wore a cream crepe cloth dress made with a. Russian blouse, and trimmed with a vest and collar of embroidered chiffon. She also wore a white hat lined with chiffon and trimmed with hue and cream and black daisies. Mr. Robert Horton attended the bridegroom. Both the bride and her sister carried beautful bouquets of cream and white hyacinths, double stocks, maiden hair and asparagus ferns. Mrs. Ware wore a bine cloth costume, with a white cloth collar and cuffs, braided with black and gold, with a toque of black and white chiffon with black and white wings and cowsups. The interior of the church had been beautifully decorated bv Mesdames Ford and Morrison, and many "girl friends of the bride, with arum lilies, white heath bamboo, lycopodium and clematis. A large horseshoe composed of white flowers and maidenhair fern, and suspended with white ribbons, took the place of the customary weeding bell. Madame Wigmore presided at the organ, and the bridal hymn, " How Welcome Was the Call," was sung as the wedding party entered the church, and the " Wedding March " was played at' the conclusion of the ceremony. " Mr. and Mrs. Featherstone, who were the recipients of many hearty congratulations aud numerous presents, bearing evidence of the great esteem in which they are held, afterwards left by steamer via the East Coast, for their future home at Inverc^rgjU.
Permanent link to this item
WEDDINGS., New Zealand Herald, Volume XXXIX, Issue 12082, 29 September 1902
WEDDINGS. New Zealand Herald, Volume XXXIX, Issue 12082, 29 September 1902
Using This Item
NZME is the copyright owner for the New Zealand Herald. You can reproduce in-copyright material from this newspaper for non-commercial use under a Creative Commons New Zealand BY-NC-SA licence . This newspaper is not available for commercial use without the consent of NZME. For advice on reproduction of out-of-copyright material from this newspaper, please refer to the Copyright guide.
This newspaper was digitised in partnership with Auckland Libraries and NZME.