WESTERN TAIERI DRAINAGE BOARD
The monthly meeting, held to-day, was attended by Messrs J. T. Gibson (chairman), Jas. Miller, D. Doull, C. Campbell, and W. Thomson. The engineer reported that the retimberin'g of tho old pump at B road, the enlarging of the lake drain from pump towards A drain and repairing of lake embankment, tho repairs to the lower end of the Henley-Barwick road embankment, the cleaning out of tho Momona drain, the cross cut, Wylie’s Creek up to the Momona-Maungatua road hud been finished. The various embankments had been inspected, and left in good repair. Tho Leo Creek embankment below Otokia road had been repaired, and an old outlet box had been taken out of channel bed. The dragging of cress from the lower end of Lee Creek was now in progress. Satisfactory progress was being made with the work of contract on contour channel. The road bridge on the Outram-Berwick road was now being erected. —The report was adopted as read. Angus Matheson and Margaret Keenan’s application for' tho cleaning of drain alongside their properties between the contour channel and Lee Creek was granted. Margaret Hoonan’s letter complaining of the state of the fences erected through her property and across the channel, and a pipe for watering stock, which was useless, was referred to the engineer. On the application of Messrs Reid Bros.’ solicitors, the time of hearing before a Magistrate and two assessors of objections to work proposed to be constructed by the board through objectors’ lands was adjourned till January 18, 1915.
Permanent link to this item
WESTERN TAIERI DRAINAGE BOARD, Evening Star, Issue 15681, 21 December 1914