MOSGIEL BOROUGH COUNCIL
The monthly meeting, held last evening, was attended by His Worship the Mayor (Mr A. F. Queloh) and Crs G. MT.eod, A. F. Cheyne, T. Aitken, J. Callander, C. H. Leith, T. Williams, M. Brown, JR. Muirhead, and F. Seaton. —Correspondence.— From tho Valuation Department, Dunedin, notifying receipt of council’s letter concerning a revaluation of the borough, and stating that the council's wishes had been made known to the Valuer-General, and further advice would be forwarded when his reply had been received.—Received.
From John Souter, Mosgiel, making application for the deduction which the Act provided for on current year's rates on account of the unoccupied portion of the Exchange Buildings. When this had been determined ho would forward a cheque in settlement of same.—Deceived; council couldn't make any reduction. The Works Committee reported that during the month ordinary surface work had been attended to. The water system was in good working order. Several sewer connections had been given. The refilling of the gravel filter beds had been completed, and the distributors thereon tarred. —Adopted. The General Committee reported that the hedge around the Recreation Ground had been trimmed. Mr Richard M'Kegg had been appointed ranger and inspector of nuisances. The use of the Mosgiel Recreation Reserve had been granted to the Harriers’ Club for thedr sporte on Saturday, December 12.—Adopted. The Finance Committee reported receipts since last report, £l6l 6s Bd, having paid during the month £37 2s 3d in wages, imported buckets for septic tank £ls 11a lid, duty and commission thereon £3 10s 3d; Huntly disaster relief fund, £5; and recommended for payment accounts amounting to £95 6s 9d.— Adopted.
Permanent link to this item
MOSGIEL BOROUGH COUNCIL, Evening Star, Issue 15640, 3 November 1914