Article image
Article image
Article image
Article image
This article displays in one automatically-generated column. View the full page to see article in its original form.

TECHNICAL COLLEGE BAZAAR

Tho decision of the management of the Technical College bazaar to extend the exhibition of students.’ work for two days of tins week has been fully justified. The evening programme was introduced by Hip Moray Biacc School Band, who played in the main street', and afterwards in the Kempthornc Hall, where their playing and appearance excited favorable comment. The college students then gave a short programme. and after the interval the LiedorTafol appeared on the platform, and the 36 members (massed) gave several part songs, which included ‘Tha New Quay Fisherman's Song,’ ‘'lo Arms, 1 and ‘ The Beautiful Hose,’ Songs were also rendered by Messrs M'Kiiilay, Gemmcll, and Struthers, and a recitation by Mr Howdcn. Tho liiedertafcl played under the capable baton of Mr Jesse, Tiinson. The classes in tho engineering workshop, shorthand and typewriting continued their ordinary school course during the evening, and sales were conducted as usual. To-day tho staff are busily engaged in re-marking articles for to-night's bazaar, and towards the close of the evening tho whole of the goods unsold will again bo re-aiarkcd, with a. view to making a complete, clearance. It was intended to have closed tho bazaar on Wednesday afternoon, but the college bazaar authorities have magnanimously resolved to abandon this idea in favor of tho First Church people, who open their sale of work to-morrow afternoon. The collego bazaar will therefore! close definitely to-night.

This article text was automatically generated and may include errors. View the full page to see article in its original form.
Permanent link to this item

https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/ESD19141103.2.46

Bibliographic details

TECHNICAL COLLEGE BAZAAR, Evening Star, Issue 15640, 3 November 1914

Word Count
235

TECHNICAL COLLEGE BAZAAR Evening Star, Issue 15640, 3 November 1914

Working