The weekly meeting of the Land Board was held to-day. There were present Messrs J. P. Maitland (Chief Commissioner), W. Clark, J. M. Thomson, J. Duncan, and W. Dallas.
A letter was received from Mr W. LSimpson, agent for William Smith, stating that he was the sole applicant for section 1, block 12, Rankleburn, for cash, but chcumstances had a iaen which made it inconvenient for him to complete his purchase. He wished, therefore, to be allowed to have the land on perpetual lease.—The Board determined under the circumstances to allow the applicant to take up the land under perpetual lease on lodging a proper declaration. Plans were approved of road lines on which it was proposed to expend certain monies accruing to the Otaria Road Board. An application was received from Messrs A. Tapper and Co. asking tho Board to reconsider their decision with regard to granting a license to George Thomson over forty-three acres of bush reserve, section 12, block 1, Glenomaiu, formerly licensed to Mr Potter, as they had purchased hia intereet in the plant and area. A letter was also received from Mr D. Stewart, asking that Mr Potter's license be transferred to the applicants.—The Board adhered to its original resolution. The Receiver of Land Revenue drew attention to F. H. Plew being still in arrear in the payment of rent on perpetual lease 334, section 14, block 5, Lauder district.—The matter was allowed to stand over.
Sub-inspector Scot wrote stating that Mr M'Alister, of Halfway Bay, would undertake to keep the township reserve there clear of rabbits.—lt was decided to inform the writer that the land was now within the Southland land David Armstrong applied for perpetual lease of sections 11 and 21, block 10, Benger.—Application granted. John Carroll applied to be allowed to capitalise his deferred-payment section 10, block 17. Glenkenich.—Granted.
John King applied to be allowed to complete purchase of his deferred-payment section 5, block 1, Fraser.—Granted. _ . A report was received fiom the District Surveyor with regard to applications for coal licenses at Scratchback, recommending that the matter be referred to the Warden for inquiry.—Referred accordingly to the Warden for report. Mr R. B. Martin wrote on behalf of James Curry applying to purchase about thirty-three acres of road reserve, block 4, Greenvale, north of Heriot Creek.—Approved subject to payment of survey fee at LI per acre. Mr R. B. Martin wrote on behalf of Neil M'Fadyen, asking the Board when they would consider an application for reduotion of rent, as he was unable to crop his land until the matter was dealt with.—lt was decided to inform the applicant that he must make an application for revaluation under the Selectors Land Revaluation Act, 1889. Plans were submitted of sections recently -surveyed with the view of having the land dealt with:—Sections 12 and 13, block 14, Maungatua,; section 15, block C, Waipori; sections 6 and 7, block 8, do; section 4, block 12, do; and were ordered to be forwarded for notification. Mr A. Sutherland wrote asking that his deferred-payment section 3, block 5, Dunback, ho reduced from 30s an acre to a reasonable value under the new Act.—Letter received. The Board rose at 1.30 p.m. '
Permanent link to this item
LAND BOARD., Evening Star, Issue 8051, 30 October 1889
LAND BOARD. Evening Star, Issue 8051, 30 October 1889
Using This Item
Allied Press Ltd is the copyright owner for the Evening Star. You can reproduce in-copyright material from this newspaper for non-commercial use under a Creative Commons New Zealand BY-NC-SA licence. This newspaper is not available for commercial use without the consent of Allied Press Ltd. For advice on reproduction of out-of-copyright material from this newspaper, please refer to the Copyright guide.