A NEW BUS SERVICE.
Mr Andrew Young will to-morrow inaugurate his new line of Palace cars, which achieved so much popularity in Wellington. Fifteen of these cars have been brought down, and about 100 horses are quartered in the proprietor’s stables in Moray place. Mr Young has decided to commence operations on the Water of Leith and Caversham routes, on which he will try his mile-section system, which he was the first to introduce into the colony. For a penny fare the traveller will be enabled to ride from the Monument to St. Andrew street, which is the first stage ; the second being from St. Andrew street to the Albany street Post Office; and the third thence to the Botanical Gardens, On the Southern route the stages will be the city boundary at the kerosene bond, St, Peter’s Church, Cargill road, and Caversham terminus. The cars are comfortable, and fitted up with electric bells,
Permanent link to this item
A NEW BUS SERVICE., Evening Star, Issue 7987, 16 August 1889
A NEW BUS SERVICE. Evening Star, Issue 7987, 16 August 1889
Using This Item
Allied Press Ltd is the copyright owner for the Evening Star. You can reproduce in-copyright material from this newspaper for non-commercial use under a Creative Commons New Zealand BY-NC-SA licence. This newspaper is not available for commercial use without the consent of Allied Press Ltd. For advice on reproduction of out-of-copyright material from this newspaper, please refer to the Copyright guide.