The annual meeting of Lodge St. Andrew, No. 432, S.G., was held in the Masonic Hall fast night, a large number of the Craft being preset t, including nearly thirty masters and past-masters. Bro. D. Cherrie invested the following brethren for the ensuing year : R.W.M., J. S. Nugent; 1.P.M., J. Ogg; wardens, J. Colder and A. Ternent; secretary, R. Forsyth; treasurer, W. Jeffrey; deacons, W. Thompson and A. Macfarlane; 1.G., A. M'Lean; tyler, H. Meyer. The ceremony was carried out in a satisfactory manner. Bro. Cherrie made an excellent installing master, and he was ably assisted by Bro. Jeffrey as director of ceremonies. Both the Grand Lodges of the English and Scotch Constitutions were present. During the evening Bro. Ogg was presented with a handsome past-master’s jewel, while Bro. Forsyth was the recipient of a neat Masonic ptndant tendered by the members of the lodge in recognition of his services as secretary. At the conclusion of the meeting the usual social gathering was held, fully seventy couples being present. A choice programme of dance music was supplied by Robertshaw’s band, while the catering of Bro, Meyer gave entire satisfaction.
Permanent link to this item
MASONIC INSTALLATION., Evening Star, Issue 7955, 10 July 1889
MASONIC INSTALLATION. Evening Star, Issue 7955, 10 July 1889
Using This Item
Allied Press Ltd is the copyright owner for the Evening Star. You can reproduce in-copyright material from this newspaper for non-commercial use under a Creative Commons New Zealand BY-NC-SA licence. This newspaper is not available for commercial use without the consent of Allied Press Ltd. For advice on reproduction of out-of-copyright material from this newspaper, please refer to the Copyright guide.