BOARD OF GOVERNORS.
— ♦ The Canterbury College Board of Governors me* yestei'day afternoon. Mesere H. B. Webb (Chairman), H. J. Beewick, C. S. Howard, T. W. Adams, T. S. Weston, A. E. <>. Rhodes, J. X. Scott, W. Chrystall, G. G.- Stead, T. Hughes, Hon. W. Montgomery, Bishop Grimes, and Bey. Dr. Morley. Leave of absence from two meetings wae granted to Bishop Julius. ' ' ; The Board went into committee to coKsider the report of the College and Finance and Estates Committees upon the questioa of maturing a plan for the proposed division of the subjects .of- chemistry and physics. Upon resuming the Chairman reported it Tiad been decided that consideration "be deferred until 11th December, and "Professor Bickerton to be requested, in the meantime, to withdraw his letter of October 21et, and express his regret to the Board for having written." ■--- «■"*.' On the recommendation of the College l Committee, it was decided to repair the stone copings upon the south face of the College buildings, as suggested by Mr C. J. Mounifort, and* to advise the Minister of Education that the seat of the Rev. Canon Harper was vacant on account'of his absence from the colony for a period of cut consecutive months. The action of the Chairman in authorising the expenditure of £60, by Professor Scott, on instruments specially suitable to the EnDepartment, was approved.
Permanent link to this item
BOARD OF GOVERNORS., Press, Volume LVI, Issue 10514, 28 November 1899
BOARD OF GOVERNORS. Press, Volume LVI, Issue 10514, 28 November 1899
Using This Item
See our copyright guide for information on how you may use this title.
Fairfax Media is the copyright owner for the Press. You can reproduce in-copyright material from this newspaper for non-commercial use under a Creative Commons New Zealand BY-NC-SA licence. This newspaper is not available for commercial use without the consent of Fairfax Media. For advice on reproduction of out-of-copyright material from this newspaper, please refer to the Copyright guide.
This newspaper was digitised in partnership with Christchurch City Libraries (1921-1945).