Article image
Article image
Article image
Article image
This article displays in one automatically-generated column. View the full page to see article in its original form.


LANDVEYOR—There is no restriction as to the time at which the property may be again offered for sale. totnt OWNERS.—You will need the help or i your solicitor. It will be necessary for the present owners to transfer to themselves and the new joint owner. Stamp duty will be navable and if the valuation of the interest transferred exceeds £500 there will be gift duly. ~ REPAIRS.—Your neighbour is not obliged to allow you to enter on his property. WORRIED.—You should determine the tenancy with a prcper notice to quit. and. if the tenant does not leave. . sue for possession. As you gave up possession of the house to. enter the services you i are entitled to possession if you require the place for yourself, and you do not have to provide alternative accommodation for the tenant. <TE MANUKA. —It is not possible to answer your question without knowing the exact words of the grant of - right of way and whether the condition of the land was the same when the right of way was granted as it is now. So long as your neighbour has done nothin-* to impede your use of the right-of-way or in breach of the terms under which It was granted, you have no remedy. ajt Your only remedy if you are not satisfied with the premises as they now are is to give up the tenancy. PENSIONER.—UnIess your wishes as to the disnofinl of your property after death are expressed in the proper form of will, they will be ineffective. A-vrvTOTTS (1) rnost» cases the sub-tenant not affected by the tenant giving up nossessicn. but there are exceptions. (2) The lonHinrri mav apply to have the fair ren. fixed in which case it is likely that the rent ' will be increased. wnNDF.RING. —There is no provision for you othw than the .family allowance in respecof ycur children. watf OWNER. —An account should Tie drawn up crediting you with all payments made by yo. debiting you with rents received and the rmtal value of your occupation of th. property. ___

This article text was automatically generated and may include errors. View the full page to see article in its original form.
Permanent link to this item

Bibliographic details

LEGAL INQUIRY COLUMN, Auckland Star, Volume LXXVI, Issue 187, 9 August 1945

Word Count

LEGAL INQUIRY COLUMN Auckland Star, Volume LXXVI, Issue 187, 9 August 1945