A varied number of gifts had been contributed for sick people, according to reports presented at the monthly council meeting of the Auckland Hospital Auxiliary held at the Nurses' Home. Mrs. A. D. Campbell presided. The Mental Hospital branch mentioned a gift of a gramophone and 200 records. Most of the records had been sent to the Mental Hospital Convalescent Home, "Tigh-na-Mara," on Waiheke Island. A gift of 1.8 pairs of gloves was also welcome.
The Onehunga branch had raised the sum of £10 and hoped to purchase cardigans for elderly pensioners in hospital. Members continued to visit Green Lane and Cornwall hospitals with sweets and books, and they had distributed 60 pairs of woollen gloves and caps for the old people and had donated five flower vases for the wards of the new hospital. The Wilson Home had received two large parcels of knitted squares towards their drive for 80 j woollen cot quilts for the crippled children. One of these parcels came from the Pukekohe branch of the Women's Division of the Farmers' Union. Good work had also been done by the T.B. Aftercare Committee and the Sewing Circle.
Permanent link to this item
HOSPITAL AUXILIARY, Auckland Star, Volume LXXVI, Issue 170, 20 July 1945
HOSPITAL AUXILIARY Auckland Star, Volume LXXVI, Issue 170, 20 July 1945
Using This Item
Fairfax Media is the copyright owner for the Auckland Star. You can reproduce in-copyright material from this newspaper for non-commercial use under a Creative Commons New Zealand BY-NC-SA licence . This newspaper is not available for commercial use without the consent of Fairfax Media. For advice on reproduction of out-of-copyright material from this newspaper, please refer to the Copyright guide.
This newspaper was digitised in partnership with Auckland Libraries.