Between 60 and 70 deaf children arrived in Auckland from their homes in various parts of the North Island at the week-end to attend their new school at Titirangi. The Government asquired the Titirangi Hotel in June for this purpose, but alterations are still in progress.
Situated amid the lovely surroundings of the bush, with a tine view of Manukau Harbour, the new home will be ideal for the children. The principal,, both of this school and of the South Island school at Sumner, is Mr. H. Pickering.
Permanent link to this item
DEAF CHILDREN, Auckland Star, Volume LXXIII, Issue 212, 8 September 1942
DEAF CHILDREN Auckland Star, Volume LXXIII, Issue 212, 8 September 1942
Using This Item
Fairfax Media is the copyright owner for the Auckland Star. You can reproduce in-copyright material from this newspaper for non-commercial use under a Creative Commons New Zealand BY-NC-SA licence . This newspaper is not available for commercial use without the consent of Fairfax Media. For advice on reproduction of out-of-copyright material from this newspaper, please refer to the Copyright guide.
This newspaper was digitised in partnership with Auckland Libraries.