Article image
Article image
Article image
Article image
This article displays in one automatically-generated column. View the full page to see article in its original form.

bS E it b A tL^on!^ft?oVnf l^h^?ti^ f |Si TO " P T J - OVer "T ° ffici * ! op ?. nin * ° f the f** CoMt rmUwmy which give* direct access between Auckland and Taneatua. Various sections have been opened since as far back as 1913, narallel with the Strand the main >tree* of T. wal Tauranja (including a bridge to span the Tauranga Harbour) which has brought the through route into service. The picture above shows the line running ' uranga, t e principal town in the Bay of Plenty. A new wharf, at which the Northern Company 9 * Matangi is berthed, serves the port in favour of the older structure nearer the camera. Inset is Mrs. C. E. Mac millan, wife of the member for the district, who "cut the ribbon" at to-day's ceremony.

This article text was automatically generated and may include errors. View the full page to see article in its original form.
Permanent link to this item

https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/AS19280328.2.127.1

Bibliographic details

bSEit bAtL^on!^ft?oVnfl^h^?ti^f|Si TO"PT J -OVer "T ° ffici*! op?.nin* °f the f** CoMt rmUwmy which give* direct access between Auckland and Taneatua. Various sections have been opened since as far back as 1913, narallel with the Strand the main >tree* of T. wal Tauranja (including a bridge to span the Tauranga Harbour) which has brought the through route into service. The picture above shows the line running ' uranga, t e principal town in the Bay of Plenty. A new wharf, at which the Northern Company9* Matangi is berthed, serves the port in favour of the older structure nearer the camera. Inset is Mrs. C. E. Mac millan, wife of the member for the district, who "cut the ribbon" at to-day's ceremony., Auckland Star, Volume LIX, Issue 74, 28 March 1928

Word Count
131

bSEit bAtL^on!^ft?oVnfl^h^?ti^f|Si TO"PT J -OVer "T ° ffici*! op?.nin* °f the f** CoMt rmUwmy which give* direct access between Auckland and Taneatua. Various sections have been opened since as far back as 1913, narallel with the Strand the main >tree* of T. wal Tauranja (including a bridge to span the Tauranga Harbour) which has brought the through route into service. The picture above shows the line running ' uranga, t e principal town in the Bay of Plenty. A new wharf, at which the Northern Company9* Matangi is berthed, serves the port in favour of the older structure nearer the camera. Inset is Mrs. C. E. Mac millan, wife of the member for the district, who "cut the ribbon" at to-day's ceremony. Auckland Star, Volume LIX, Issue 74, 28 March 1928

Working