The e.s Walrarapa, Captain Thos. Popham, arrived alongside the Queen-street Wharf at 9 a_.m. She left Melbourne at 2 p.m. on the 28th ult,, called at BCobart, and arrived at Bluff at 7 a.m. on the 3rd inßt.; called at Dunedin on tho 4th,and Ly ttelton on the 6th, arriving at Wellington 3 p.m. on the 7th; left again at 4 p.m. en the Btb, called atNapleron Bth, and Gisborne 10th, sailing from the latter port at 10 a.m.; rounded the East Cape at 4 p.m, same day. Experienced fine weathtr up the coast Passengers:— From Melbourne: Miss North, Mr North, and Mrs Scott. From Dunedin: Mr and Mrs Langford, Mr and Mrs Mann, Mrs Kerr and three children. Misses Langford (4), Stark. Hamilton. Elder, Cobbe, Barker. Haynes. Douglas; Meßsrs Maorae, Fellowes, Dunn, Langford, jun„ and Dr. Eraoo. From Ly ttelton: Mr and Mrs Nicholson, Mrs Thompson. 2 children, and servant. Messrs BaSßett, Staokpole, Willis. B_rry, Brownell, and Maepherson. From Wellington: Mr and Mrs Pojgood, Mrs J. A. Wilson, Miss o'3uiUvan, Sir Geo. Whitmore. Major Badham, Messrs Sneep. R. Woddel, Hulbert, Bacger, Stephenson, wink*, Pir-ie, Glover, H. Davis, G. L. Dewhurst, and Capt. Scotland. From Napier: Mr and Mrs Williams and servant, Mr and Mrs Swainson, Messrs Watson, Carter, and Pierson. From Gisborno: Mrs Hayes, Messrs Hay, Fordham, Berry, Bishop, Saabury, Foster, McMillan, and 5i In steerage, We aro indebted to Mr H, C. Taylor, purser, for press parcels, repot ts, &o.
Permanent link to this item
THE WAIRARAPA., Auckland Star, Volume XXVI, Issue 183, 11 August 1885
THE WAIRARAPA. Auckland Star, Volume XXVI, Issue 183, 11 August 1885
Using This Item
Fairfax Media is the copyright owner for the Auckland Star. You can reproduce in-copyright material from this newspaper for non-commercial use under a Creative Commons New Zealand BY-NC-SA licence . This newspaper is not available for commercial use without the consent of Fairfax Media. For advice on reproduction of out-of-copyright material from this newspaper, please refer to the Copyright guide.
This newspaper was digitised in partnership with Auckland Libraries.