Article image
Article image
Article image
Article image
Article image
Article image
Article image
Article image
Article image
Article image
Article image
Article image
Article image
Article image
Article image
Article image
This article displays in one automatically-generated column. View the full page to see article in its original form.

Upper Ashburton Road Board.

The usual mont meeting of fchisßoard was held in the Board's office, Tinwald, on Monday Marph 31st, 1890, all the members being present.

Correspondence was read as follows :— (1) From the Commissioner of Crown Lands askfngfpr a return of an approximate estimate of tha area of flax land within the Board's district, The Clerk stated that a return had been forwarded. —(2) From the Receiver of Land Revenue, stating that he had lodged with the Union Bank of Australasia, Ashburtpn, the sum of £34 6s 6d, being one thipd qi deferred payment and perpetual lease receipt's from 10th September 1888 to 31st January 1889. —(9) From 'the Commissioner of Crown Lands, stating that he had altered the portion of the gravel pit from section 37 reserve 350, to section 36 adjoining it. E,nplos{ng a lithograph for the Board to make the position they would like the reserve on section 36. The Glerk stated that the Chairman had fixed on the position, which had beeen forwarded.—(4) From Mr J. Trejjise, asking that his name be taken off the roll for sections 121, 22 and 23, and the name of Mr James Keir inserted. The Clerk was instructed to make jjhe alteration.—(s) From the Property Tax Commissioner stating that the sum of £3 2s 3d, rates due to the Board on CrowVi Lands, had been paid jji to the Board's credit at the Union Bank o| Australasia, Ashburton.—(6) From the Receiver of Land Revenue, advising that he had forwarded to the Undersecretary for Crown Lands voucher in favor of the Board for the sum of £26 18s 4dj, b,eing one third of deferred payment and perpetual l^ase receipts from the Ist February to Bth September 1888. The Clerk's report was received and read.

J?e foot bridge required over county water race on the road formed by Ennis ne^r St Helena, the Cierk was, insirui;te f d to write the County Council, as it is a Council work.

Be the s,tate of tliQ Alford Forest road. This matter was left in the hands of the member for the ward.

lie the unsafe state of the bridge near Saunderh 1 mill. The Clerk was instruct od to call (lie attention of the mill proprietors to the fact.

He Farm Road, Allenton, which the Bprt'vdli.'iflli.ocn requested to have opened, the Clerk sUitOii that the ford across the creek was now nni'ihcd, but, iho fences across (he road would have to be grublied ami ol.her small work done before road could Ijo opened. The matter was left in the hands of the member for the ward.

It was resolved" that tho Clerk tyke

This article text was automatically generated and may include errors. View the full page to see article in its original form.
Permanent link to this item

https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/AG18900405.2.10

Bibliographic details

Upper Ashburton Road Board., Ashburton Guardian, Volume XII, Issue 2393, 5 April 1890

Word Count
441

Upper Ashburton Road Board. Ashburton Guardian, Volume XII, Issue 2393, 5 April 1890

Working