METHVEN ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
■» The section of a new oh a rob for the j BomiD Oat hollo congregation at Methven, his been commenced. The placa show it to be a pratty bat unpretentious gothio bol dinp, of which tho body Is 80ft m length by 22ft l& width, with an annex 14 f«ot rqturo for tho altar and micrltty. The lutiec le enclosed with a soreen 7ft high, fnd m frontof tho niter Is a gothio arch with pillars. Mr J. L. Brown, of Ashbnrtoo, is tbo contractor for bnlldlcg the chnroh, tho cot being £200, of which anm the groat c-r part ban been raised by sabfcrlf tion among the members of the congregation and their friends. The new oburoh will be not c nly a gr<;at oonveolenco t) the congregation and their paster, bat also an ornament to the towuabip of Methven.
Permanent link to this item
METHVEN ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH, Ashburton Guardian, Volume VII, Issue 2212, 29 August 1889
METHVEN ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH Ashburton Guardian, Volume VII, Issue 2212, 29 August 1889
Using This Item
See our copyright guide for information on how you may use this title.