The Grand Lodge resumed business this morning at 9 o’clock.
It was resolved that the hearty thanks of the Grand Lodge be recorded to the Reception Committee and friends who have so kindly entertained the representatives.
The Temperance Herald was appointed the official organ of the Grand Lodge, and the best thanks of the Lodge were presented to Bro J, W. Jago, P.G. W.0.T., for the valuable services rendered by him as honorary editor. The following gentlemen were appointed as deputations to Church Courts in the various parts of the colony:—Bros Rev Roseby, J. W. Jago and J. A. Adams (Dunedin), Bros J, A. Efford, J. T. Fraith and M. W. Green (Christchurch), Bros A- J Beunott, M. Real and T. H. Fraser (Wellington), Bros W. Gibson, Israel Pickard and W. T. Bond (Nelson), Bros Ward, A. Cook and G. W. Andrews (Ashburton), Bros J. Harding, R. O. H irding and F, Cook (Napier). Other formal business having been disposed of the Grand Lodge was brought to a close at 10.30 a. m.
Permanent link to this item
Ashburton Guardian, Ashburton Guardian, Volume V, Issue 1509, 9 April 1885
Ashburton Guardian Ashburton Guardian, Volume V, Issue 1509, 9 April 1885
Using This Item
See our copyright guide for information on how you may use this title.