International Exhibition, Christchurch. —Those that wish to be represented at the International Exhibition to be held in Christchurch in March next, should inform us of their intentions. We have been connected with all the Exhibitions held in the colonies. ' At the late Adelaide Exhibition we represented sixty exhibitors, for which we received ten special gold medals, forty-nine first and one second award, three of which were New Zealand firms (D. Strange and J. T. Martin, Invercargill, and T. Bevan, Wellington). Our plan is to represent the exhibitors, transact their busines, fix their exhibits on their space, attend to the judging of exhibits on their space, and anything necessary while the exhibition remains open ; at the close pack and send back exhibits or sell them, or duplicates thereof if required, it is very inconvenient for exhibitors to come to the Exhibition to fix their exhibits, which amounts to an expense, besides the loss of time which must necessarily be expended on them. Then, again, the exhibitors have a benefit, they have no trouble of getting space. They let us know how much is required, and we set it for them, as we have a large amount granted to us. We fix the exhibits on a better space than if they applied themselves. Our terms are moderate. We specially caution the public against giving their exhibits to so-called Exhibition agents, who go the rounds of Exhibitions and run exhibitors into debt and other difficulties. On account of our not being able to give exhibitors the exact amount of our fee, as it is impossible to do so until wo know the size of exhibit, they may rely on it being most reasonable, The exhibits should be addressed “Albert S. Manders and Co., Christchurch Exhibition.” If exhibitors will kindly send a note stating how much space they require, no further trouble will be necessary.— Albert S. Mandeks and Co., British and Colonial Manufacturers, Agent. Head office—9l Little Collins 1 street East, Melbourne; and at London— St Paul’s Buildmgs; Adelaide—67 King William street; Perth, Western Australia; i 6 Town Hall. A Permanent branch is now established in Hereford street, j Christchurch. All letters sent to the above firm, Hereford street, will receive prompt attention, and circulars sent on 1 enquiry,—[Advt.] <
Permanent link to this item
Page 2 Advertisements Column 4, Ashburton Guardian, Volume III, Issue 532, 12 January 1882
Page 2 Advertisements Column 4 Ashburton Guardian, Volume III, Issue 532, 12 January 1882
Using This Item
See our copyright guide for information on how you may use this title.