Browse by date within this newspaper
The Timaru Herald is the daily newspaper in Timaru. It has been published continuously since 1864, and was set up to promote the interests of Timaru and Gladstone districts against those of the Canterbury province to which they belonged. In the 1870s it was one of New Zealand's most important newspapers. Originally publication was weekly, and in 1866 the Herald became a bi-weekly. In the 1980s the Herald was sold to Independent Newspapers Limited (INL).