Browse by date within this newspaper
The Bruce Herald was published at Milton from 1864 to 1971. It was one of New Zealand’s longest running country newspapers. The Herald was established by Joseph Mackay, a stationer and publisher from Dunedin. The Herald was one of a chain of newspapers that Mackay ran in Otago in the 1860s and 70s. Other papers in the chain included the Mataura Ensign at Gore and the Clutha Times at Balclutha.